What the heck is SHPS?
SHPS is a homepage management system which assists you with making a homepage or web application in general!
SHPS comes as a core system (no Admin GUI or additional features) which can be extended with many useful plugins.
Plugins are what make SHPS special. They are very separated from your site, but can be integrated seemlessly into your site with exactly the theming and placement you need and want. Plugins can be anything; a forum, a blog, analysis tools for admins,...
- Security is a big point and SHPS tries to automatically make your software save from hackers.
- SHPS is fast and tries to limit resources. We are constantly working on the algorithms to improve their calculation and transfer speed - every millisecond counts!
- No matter, if you make a small website or a huge MMORPG, SHPS always tries to be scalable.
- SHPS defines a rough way of splitting your big problem into many trivial ones.
- SHPS adds a huge set of helpful functions, like user/rights management.
- Making software portable by making you as a developer independant from the OS, web server and even database is a thing we are working on
- SHPS is opensource since we want to gain your trust. Only a well informed community will help make SHPS big.
- Easing the process of making rich Web Applications is a major aim of SHPS
This is only a very rough feature set and the principles SHPS is based on. Please take a look at the detailed feature overview and download SHPS for free to test it out. Build your site with SHPS and see if it fits your needs. If your project is non-commercial, SHPS is completely free as in gratuit, but always consider giving us a small donation as we put a lot of money and time into improving SHPS every day :)
Did you know that implementing the latest web technologies inside plugins is super easy with SHPS? HTTP/2 is ready for use in core and can be extended with a WebSocket-Plugin (which mounts onto the HTTP server for seamless integration). Other important technologies, like SSPI can be used in a similar way - just make a simple plugin and integrate wasten power without changing your server application or website at all!
Hall of Joice and focus points
- Version 1: Basics +SHPS4PHP
- Version 2: Tests and Research
- Version 3: Production (BYAKUEI)
- Version 4: Passive Security and Standardization; Start of SemVer +SHPS4Node (IROKOKOU)
- Cycle X: Advanced Caching, Workflows&Content-Pipelines, smart multi-process clustering, ACME (?)
- Cycle Y*: ASVS, AppSensor (?)
- Cycle X+1*: AI (?)
- Cycle Y+1*: Self-Audit, Honeypots (?)
- Cycle X+2*: Content-Awareness ? (?)
* The focus points are just a rough roadmap and might change any time. SHPS is versioned with SemVer (starting from the release of v4.0.0). This means that major versions might pack no completely new features inheriting the new feature to the next version. The roadmap will be reworked with X-Y cycles without version numbers to reflect that.
New major releases will introduce many new features which are being worked on for a longer period and might change the behaviour of SHPS (in accordance with SemVer)
New features will mainly revolve around one central topic (see roadmap above)
X releases will focus on stabilizing features and improving performance
Y releases will focus on implementing new security measures (mostly of aggressive nature) which make use of new features of the major version. They can also contain hotfixes, stabilization and performance, but those are not the focus